  Martin Kennedy: BIOT: ABI, fluorescent primers

To: Multiple recipients of list HUM-MOLGEN <HUM-MOLGEN@NIC.SURFNET.NL>
Subject: BIOT: ABI, fluorescent primers
From: Martin Kennedy <MKENNEDY@chmeds.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 15:49:57 +1200

Date sent:  21-SEP-1995 15:45:17

This message contains three posts relating to ABI fluorescent
genotyping  and primer supply.

Cheers,

Martin Kennedy/Arthur Bergen
BIOT Topic Editors, HUM-MOLGEN

8<  =======================  cut here  ======================= >8

Date:         Mon, 18 Sep 1995 13:50:13 GMT
From:         Philip J Asherson <WMGPJEA@CARDIFF.AC.UK>
Subject:      Re: BIOT: ABI Genotyping

We have developed our own system for the rapid analysis of ABI
genotype data for linkage studies.  We are currently up to 15 loci per
lane on a 36 well gel, running 3 gels per day.  We have found that
gel to gel variation can produce as much as +/- 2 bp chahnges in
mobility on a 12 cm gel. We have developed our own software to
overcome this.

Philip Asherson
Institute of Medical Genetics
Cardiff